Sunday, July 6, 2008


I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted on here. Oh, I am a bad blogger, shame on me! What can I say, I have a million excuses but I am blaming it on summer. Summer finds me oh so lazy, I guess it is the never ending heat and humidity that turn me into a puddle of nothingness this time of year.

I use to love summer. Endless days at the beach followed by an all night long get together with friends and strangers. But at some point all that stopped and it became more about getting through the work day, staying cool, and trying to sleep in the suffocating heat. Summer has definitely lost it's glamour for me. Every year I hope to rediscover the excitement and relaxation of summers past but somehow that always seems to escape me.

This year summer is being spent moving my mom into senior housing. A bittersweet adventure down life's path that neither one of us really cares to embark upon. My days off from work are spent culling through the treasures of her life, deciding which ones stay and which ones go. She hates to part with them and I hate to see her toss her material life away. That of course means I box the things up and bring them home with me. Family heirlooms, meaningful to only two.

So as everyone else seems to be living in a Target ad of barbecues and pool parties I am slaving away at my day job, trying to keep up with my art projects, and organizing the contents of a life lived out loud for 82 years. It's going to be a long summer...........

No comments: