Monday, February 22, 2010

Christmas In February

I am probably known for my lateness in gift giving. Despite my best efforts
I never seem to get the package in the mail on time. And as much as I love Christmas, I find I am usually not in the mood to celebrate it until mid January, when the frenzy of the season has subsided. I guess I have always followed a different calendar than everyone else. So when a friend says they are going to be late sending a gift it makes me giddy with anticipation, I just love extending a celebration! That being said I was beyond happy when Erin sent my Christmas present last week. I think this piece she made was well worth the wait! And not only did she make this for me she sent flying monkeys and plush scum! I have said it before and I will say it again, my friends are just the best.
Merry Christmas!



(This is made of wood and glass with fabric applique on the outside, it is amazing).

1 comment:

eKo Art said...

We really are two peas in a pod, aren't we?!?! I am so glad that you were not only excited that the package was late, but are thrilled with the results! It's the most sewing I have ever done. A special piece for a special friend.
:)
xoxo

P.S. I kept two flying monkeys for myself. That way, if you sent two flying monkeys over to get Ollie, I would have two to battle yours.

P.S.S Those pics you took of the piece are much better than what I took. Thanks!